Decorating & Furniture/Leather furniture and wall colors

Question
Just ordered a dark brown leather couch, chair and ottoman( Dakotah brand) and am trying to decide on wall color.  The carpet is a tannish cream color that at times in some light I feel gives a cast of a pinkish or fleshy tone, but Others think I am crazy about this, so I am wondering about a taupe  or  light tan color for the walls. Other accent pieces in  the room are oak antique pieces such as bookcase, desk, end table and coffee table. The dining room and living room are separated with a  center wall that has  doorway openings on both sides of it so you can see into either room for each. THat room is painted a color by pitsburg paint called olive grey, but it  really looks  dark olive green to me! I wondered about  doing the same green on the Living room side of this center wall and the other walls the taupe brown, the actual paint color  is called summer suede by  pitsburg if that helps. Accent pillows on the leather soft are fabric and leather and have sort of a paisley  print in burgandy, black, greenish brown and very little cream. I am worried that it is going to be too much of one shade and want to bring some life into the room.. Suggestions?  Thanks!

Answer
Hi Deb,

I don't have a wand from Pittsburg Paints, so I can't see the Olive Grey adjacent paint color, but you could certainly use a taupe to coordinate with that.  Typically, paint colors that have two names are more the color of the first name (olive), than the last.  What that color name says to me is that the actual color is a greyed down version of olive green.

My favorite taupe is Toasty Grey by Glidden (Home Depot carries Glidden) and being true to my first statement is a Toasty color that is Greyed down.  It's beautiful and coordinates well with dark tones like black, brown etc.   

My only other thought is that you might considered a greyed down version of blue.  By doing so, you add that "other" dimension to the mix.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik