Decorating & Furniture/Living room furniture placement

Question
Living room
Living room  
I need help with my furniture placement. The room is 12' x 17', with a patio door on the long wall, a window on the 12' wall and across from there on the other wall is a closet door. And across from the patio door is the entry way into the kitchen. I also have two end tables that I cannot fit into the room. I don't know if there is a better way to arrange the furniture than it already is. Any suggestions would be helpful, or if you have more questions let me know.
Thank you for your help.
Jon
Iola, WI

Answer
floor plan
floor plan  
Hi Jon,
Yes, you do need help with your arrangement.  I do have an idea, but I hope it doesn't block the side that slides on the patio door.  My suggestion is to angle the TV in the corner over where the couch is.
Put the couch on an angle (in front of the patio door) facing the TV.
Then put a chair on either side of the couch.  Would it be possible to push the 2 end tables together to create a coffee table?  I'm attaching a very basic drawing to give you an idea.  Hope it works for you.  Let me know how you make out!

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer