Decorating & Furniture/Long Thin Living Room

Question
Help please I have recently moved to Chalreston and my new living room is not  Inviting.   It is  30 x 12 . Both "ends" are completely covered in  Windows and  the long wall has a fireplace that is not centered in the  30 feet length.  There is 5 feet of wall space on one side and  19 feet of wall space on the other.  The Opposing  30 feet wall has  large open door ways  on both ends  leaving only an 18 feet solid wall  across from the fire place,  I have tried the furniture in many ways and nothing feels right.  I am to the point of buying all new furniture  but have no idea what.  Couches? Love seats? I would be grateful for any ideas.

Answer
Hello,
I would recommend splitting the area into a minimum of two areas.
Say one at the fireplace end and then another area as perhaps a game area, or reading area.
I envision the fireplace as a gathering place with friends and family with conversation.
The other area for games or reading would be ideal.
I have a picture on my website of a long narrow room that I actually made into three areas for a homeowner.
Please don't go out and buy new furniture.
I'm certain you have the right items, just not the right layout.
Let me know how you do with this.
Thanks for checking in.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner