Decorating & Furniture/Making rooms flow

Question
My new house has a kitchen that is open to a small dinette area then straight into the Great Room.  My Great room will be done in black, white, and red.  The walls will be a gray with a red couch and black furniture.  I am not sure what colors would look good in through the dinette and kitchen.  I am not sure if I should stick to the black white and red or maybe keep the black and white and add blue in the kitchen, or go with different colors all together? I am really confused on where to go with this and what colors to go with on the cabinets and countertops, floors,walls, and appliances. Any suggestions?!

Thanks.

Answer
Hi Natalie,
Is this a brand new house and you are starting from scratch in the kitchen with choosing the cabinets, countertops, etc.? Do you have anything in mind?  It's hard for me to visualize, the rooms should flow, but they don't have to match.  I would probably bring the red into the kitchen somehow maybe with paint color, or even just accents like placements and flowers.  What color cabinetry do you have or are you planning?  I need a little more info, and if you have any pictures, they would be helpful.  Thanks you.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer