Decorating & Furniture/Master Bedroom paint

QUESTION: Hi, Sandy...
It's me again.  Shirley with the 20 x 24 bedroom with navy colored carpeting.  My ceiling is white and all my closet doors (6 in all) are white, with white trim.  I had thought about the tan and sage green that you mentioned; however, my wood is a honey colored oak and am wondering if white walls would look good with the navy carpet.  What color white would I use that wouldn't look yellow, pink, etc?  Can you give me some really lovely whites?  I would use white bedding ??? with accent pillows of blues?? Any other suggestions for accents?

ANSWER: Hi Shirley,
One of the best whites I know of is from Bejamin Moore - frostine #AF - 5
I think of all the whites, this is a true white with no pinks or yellows in it.
What if you chose white bedding, with some sort of navy floral in it.
I'm afraid all white with white walls will be too stark.
I like the idea of accent pillows in blues.
I also think a great yellow for accents would be stunning.  Maybe a vase of silk flowers, a couple pillows, some artwork etc...
Thanks, good luck.

QUESTION: Okay, so navy blue carpet, white walls, honey oak furniture with toile lamps on each bedside table, toile curtain and valance.  White comforter with a blue/white floral throw at the foot of the bed with same fabric in the accent pillows, what shade of yellow?  I have some plates with yellow and blue that I could highlight a wall with, have a large ceiling medallion to paint in same yellow...many thanks, this is going to look great..but need perfect shade of yellow..

Hi Shirley,
I have two options for your yellow.  They are very light, but in the right shade of yellow in my opinion.
They are Sherwin Williams colors:
SW 7125 Glittery Yellow  (it doesn't really have glitter in it...)
SW 7123 Yellow Beam

Good Luck.
I'd love for you to send me a picture when your project is finished.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory