Decorating & Furniture/Narrow Living Room

Question
Narrow Living Room
Narrow Living Room  
Our living room is narrow - 19' X 8 1/2' with one wall all glass looking out to the lake and an opening to the room from the right corner to a half wall which is about 9 feet in open space.  Also on the left side wall there is a wall mounted TV (sticks out from wall about 7 inches).  I would like some suggestions about furniture placement.  HELP - also decorate in Arts and Crafts style.  Presently we have two chairs on the right end side wall.  Modular seating going from back wall to left corner and down left corner wall.  The modular is a problem due to the TV sticking out of the wall so thinking of a couch on the back wall and putting a chair in the corner of the left hand wall towards the wall of glass.  Glass wall is 3 sliding glass doors each 6 feet long.  Also thinking of using wood blinds on the windows to control the light in the summer and winter.  Again - HELP with the placement of furniture and any other suggetions.  drawing attached for clarification

Answer
My best suggestion based on your drawing, is to put the oversize couch in front of the wall of windows leaving room to get behind it for ingress and egress. The chairs can be worked in either by leaving them where they are or pushing them to the side.

Your television is dictating furniture placement even though your view is the focal point of the space.  

If you're opting for Arts & Crafts style, you may want to consider replacing the couch, adding instead a 3 seat sofa, preferably in the arts & crafts wood trimmed style.  

Blinds are a must, and even faux wood blinds are affordable and great looking.  It will be an asset to the space.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik