Decorating & Furniture/Need Help with ideas

Okay, so I have a Tan and Chocolate Brown Sectional, and off-white carpet, but I can't seem to choose a paint color to give the room the "wow" factor.  Also, my dining room and kitchen are visible from the living room and I need to find colors to make them flow together, I am buying a new dining room set that is a worn black color.  Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Dusty,
The tan and brown sectional is neutral, so pretty much anything will go with it.  I always ask if you have some fabric for window treatments or pillows, a favorite piece of art, a bowl, something to draw inspiration from.  Use that to put your color palette together.  If not, what colors do you like?  Right off the bat I'm thinking, orange/rust, soft blue, sage green, grey.  It all works.
Good luck.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals