Decorating & Furniture/Front Room/Living Room

Front Room
Front Room  

We have an entry room - the door opens right into it-  which is also a living room  - we mostly hang out in a den but this room just feels like it could be arranged better.  Hoping for some new ideas, in particular about rearranging things.  

I am attaching a photo but you can not see the wall opposite the couch/under the stairs which has a desk. Maybe I can send another pic.  New paint is not an option.  We inherited the couches and the desk on the far wall(cant see it in this pic)

Hi Ilya,
This could be a really great space.  I don't think it is as  difficult as you might think.  I just need a little more time to ponder the arrangement, but I do have a few things in mind.  I'll be in touch soon.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals