Decorating & Furniture/Screaming Red Carpet!!!

I am totally clueless when it comes to colors.  The problem is, red carpet, red mini blinds, white walls and a khaki colored sofa.  What design ideas do you have, or can you suggest a color palette to make my den half-way decent????

Hi Yazmine,
You don't mention if any of the items can be removed, but if possible, I would remove the least expensive item "the mini blinds" and change them to something in a wood tone.
Then, I would take the next step and paint the walls if that is a possibility.  You don't mention budget contraints, so I'm starting with the least expensive and moving forward.
A warm tan for the walls would be great, something that compliments but doesn't fight with your Khaki sofa.  If you can take a pillow or arm cover from the sofa to the paint store, you should be able to find one that works.
Once you have those two items in tones that you like, the process will fall into place.  Most any complimentary accent colors will work with Red and Khaki.  Find a shade of green or blue that you love.  Maybe black or brown accents are you to your liking.
Think in terms of the garden, and what colors surround red flowers that look best.  That may help guide you in the right direction.
Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory