Decorating & Furniture/Sectional Couch and coffe table

Question
Hi.  I have a navy and burgundy spotted L shaped sectional couch in my living room. We have a cherry armoire and side table.  I am wondering what kind of rug and coffee table I should explore using.  My initial reaction was to get a round rug and rectangle coffee table but now I am thinking of getting a round rug and round coffee table.  What do you think works best with sectional couches?  Thank you.

Answer
Hi Jacqueline,

The key here is scale.  You need a "large" coffee table so that it is not dwarfed by the size of the sectional.  I have seen beautiful square tables used with sectionals and beautiful oblong or rounded tables used successfully, so the choice is yours.  Just remember to purchase a table that is large.  

As for the rug, again scale is key.  The rug should be large enough to go underneath the legs of the sectional, and extend beyond the legs of the coffee table.

Have fun shopping!
Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik