Decorating & Furniture/Wall color

HI i live in an apartment and want to paint my living/dining room area. We have Dark chocolate couches and a expresso furniture and our adjacent dining room also has expresso furniture. what color should we paint the living/dining area? also one of the walls is sliding glass doors that lead to our balcony so we have plenty of light coming in. but i want to make the room brighter since the furniture is so dark.

Hi Jovanna,
         Without knowing your exact colour likes and dislikes I would suggest Glidden's copper coin 70YR 19/432, OR Bali sand 90YR 72/159. If you don't have a Glidden/CIL dealer take the reference numbers to your local store and they will be able to mix it for you. Hope this helps, and good luck,

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002