Decorating & Furniture/blinds

Question
I need blinds for the den and kitchen.  Should I get faux wood blinds to match the trim in these rooms?  The trim is wood stained?  Walls in den are a neutral off white to beige.  Walls in the kitchen are wallpaper print. I think a wood stain would look good, but also darken the rooms.  Don't know if antique white would be appropriate, but it would lighten up the rooms. Please help.  Thanks.

Answer
Hi Marlene,
         I think wood stained blinds will be fine. If you want to lighten the room try a lighter version of the present wood tones eg. use a light or honey maple for maple trim or a light or golden oak for oak. Antique white might work also, but if you don't want to take the chance stick with the lighter woods as I've explained above. Hope this helps, and good luck,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker