Decorating & Furniture/blinds

I need blinds for the den and kitchen.  Should I get faux wood blinds to match the trim in these rooms?  The trim is wood stained?  Walls in den are a neutral off white to beige.  Walls in the kitchen are wallpaper print. I think a wood stain would look good, but also darken the rooms.  Don't know if antique white would be appropriate, but it would lighten up the rooms. Please help.  Thanks.

Hi Marlene,
         I think wood stained blinds will be fine. If you want to lighten the room try a lighter version of the present wood tones eg. use a light or honey maple for maple trim or a light or golden oak for oak. Antique white might work also, but if you don't want to take the chance stick with the lighter woods as I've explained above. Hope this helps, and good luck,

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002