Decorating & Furniture/decorating a den 18x12

Question
When a room is long and narrow. Where is the placement of the furniture? This is a family room.  Must be able to watch tv  Starting from scratch but must have a flat screen tv on the wall

Answer
living room
living room  
Hi Carol,
Try breaking up the space.  Placing the couch on the longest wall will emphasize a bowling alley room.  Place the TV first and try placing the sofa on a 45 degree angle addressing it. Finish off the conversation area with either a loveseat or 2 chairs.  By pulling the furniture into the middle of the room, you will create a more inviting arrangment and be able to have multiple functions in the same space if needed. I'll attach a photo to try to explain.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer