Decorating & Furniture/floor tile color to go with cherry cabinets

I am building a home and need to pick out tile, kitchen cabinets and counter tops.  I picked out cinnamon cherry cabinets but can't seem to find a ceramic tile color or Corian counter top that matches well.  The tile will also be in a nook and throughout the entire house...HELP!

Hi Terry,
I find that hard to believe!  There are so many options available.  Are you making your material selections through the builder, or are they sending you to a kitchen design center? If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a stroll through Home Depot, Lowes, Expo Design Center, etc. so you can look, without being pressured.  Get an idea for what you like and what is available.  Browse through kitchen design magazines, or books at your local library or bookstore.  Borders and Barnes and Nobel have tons of magazines you can look through.  If you find something you like, reference the resource in the shopping guide and see if it is available somewhere for you to see first hand. Ask for samples whenever available, and always carry a piece of the wood from your cabinetry with you.  Good luck with your kitchen, I'm sure it will be amazing!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals