Decorating & Furniture/floor tile color to go with cherry cabinets

Question
I am building a home and need to pick out tile, kitchen cabinets and counter tops.  I picked out cinnamon cherry cabinets but can't seem to find a ceramic tile color or Corian counter top that matches well.  The tile will also be in a nook and throughout the entire house...HELP!

Answer
Hi Terry,
I find that hard to believe!  There are so many options available.  Are you making your material selections through the builder, or are they sending you to a kitchen design center? If you haven't already, I would recommend taking a stroll through Home Depot, Lowes, Expo Design Center, etc. so you can look, without being pressured.  Get an idea for what you like and what is available.  Browse through kitchen design magazines, or books at your local library or bookstore.  Borders and Barnes and Nobel have tons of magazines you can look through.  If you find something you like, reference the resource in the shopping guide and see if it is available somewhere for you to see first hand. Ask for samples whenever available, and always carry a piece of the wood from your cabinetry with you.  Good luck with your kitchen, I'm sure it will be amazing!

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer