Decorating & Furniture/furniture

Question
our house colour scheme
our house colour schem  
QUESTION: we are building our new house and the colour scheme that i like is the different shades of browns... if my tiles are are a dark shade of brown, what colour would I choose for furniture, keeping in mind I have young kids.

ANSWER: Hi Rosie,
I would advise going into the deeper olive green colors for you furniture.  If for some reason olive greens don't appeal to you, then deep cherry reds/almost burgandys would work too.
Those two colors will help with the young kids.
Take care,
Sandy

QUESTION: do you think the brown tiles are okay or should I go for the lighter colour like your whites or creams? I kinda like the brown to be different, but alot of people are telling me it makes the living space smaller. what do you think? If you can base your answer around the colour scheme I already sent you.

Answer
Hi Rosie,
I would lean toward the cream color tiles.  People are correct telling you the browns may make the living space appear smaller.  Ultimately, it's your decision and if you like the browns, go for it.
You can always lighten up a room with lighter accents and artwork for a brighter feel.  Trust your heart on this decision.  There are a couple more reasons you may want to go with creams...
The darker color will show a lot more dust, dog/cat hair, and the like.  Believe it or not, even though the cream is a lighter color, the dust, dog/cat hair and everyday wear won't be as evident on the cream tiles.

Hope this helps, Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner