Decorating & Furniture/furniture paint.

I have a vanity, bed and dresser I want to paint. My walls
are painted a salmon color, with a white rag tech. over top. I have a stencil in white around the ceiling. The bedding is a floral of salmon color, beige green, and pink.
Carpet is a off white. what color should I paint furniture?

Hi Kimberley,
Your room sounds really pretty.  I would make the bed the focal point, you could even paint it a different color from the other pieces if you wanted.  Without seeing the actual room, it all depends on what kind of a look you want.  Do you like the bright, saturated colors?  You could kick it up a notch by painting the bed a bright grassy limey green like Chic lime from Benjamin Moore.  The other pieces could be white.  Or, if you want stability, it sounds like a nice chocolate brown would go to ground everything.  Don't be afraid to experiment, it's only paint!

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals