Decorating & Furniture/living room furniture

I own a 5 year old ranch house with a vaulted ceiling great room and light tan carpet.  I just bought a burgundy sofa and love seat.   I'm trying to match color with a coffee tables and end tables.  I really don't want a walnut color tables.  Would light color tables work or should I go with dark?

A light color would be fine Mike if that is your preference as I am sure that would go well with the tan carpet.

A fabric like this:

might be good for a few pillows or cushions as it brings the two colors together in one item.

Alternatively, a rug that includes both tan and burgundy, placed in front of the sofa would look good.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit