Decorating & Furniture/making a large living room function as both a bedroom and living room

Question
Hi i have a one bedroom apt. with a large living room. I have three yr old daughter, i would like her to have a small area that would function as a bedroom for her, i hate those chinese dividers and am not sure how i could make a area for her room without building a wall, should i give her the bedroom and make a living room bdrm combo for me or can i give her, own area in the living room and decorate it, without it looking tacky hellllllllp. thanks in advance if you can figure this one out.(smile)

Answer
Hi Alexandra,
I think you could give her a space rather creatively in the living room, but think about if you are entertaining and she is going to bed.  Would it be better to have her tucked away in the bedroom? You would then have privacy and not disturb her. I am leaning more toward that and creating a living room/bedroom for you.  What pieces of furniture do you have now?  You could use two bookcases as dividers and put heavy duty casters on the bottom so you could wheel them around if necessary.  They could create a sort of entryway into your bedroom area, and the front would be bookcases facing the living room.  Cool, eh?  Let me know how I can further assist you.  Good luck.

Kim Boyer
www.kimberlyboyerinteriors.com

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer