Decorating & Furniture/new home

Our new home is a dark taupe stucco, windows are white, and trim is an off white, roof is a dark grey. What color should I use on the exterior door and garage door? Also, the house is an open floor plan with a corner fire place, what can I do with my 65" TV?

Hi Barbara,
I would try to make the garage door blend in, keeping it either taupe with off white trim, or the same as the trim.  The front door can offer lots of great options.  If you want it to pop, a great orange or red would really create some great curb appeal.  Black or off white would be more classic and subdued, or you could always do a stained wood color.  Depends on the look you want.  Remember, it's only a quart of paint, and really not a big deal to change out.  Deep Eggplant is another color to consider, as it would really create some drama.  
As far as the TV, if you could attach a photo of the room, I might have a better idea as far as placement.  Hope this helps.

Kim Boyer

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals