Decorating & Furniture/paneling

I am moving in to an apartment and I like everything about it except the paneling in the kitchen.  The landlord will not let me paint over it so I am wondering if you have any suggestions on how to spruce it up and make it brighter?  My only ideas are through window treatments.  Any other ideas would be great.

Thank you, Lori

Hi Lori,
Wow, congratulations on your apartment.  If that's the only thing you don't like, you are pretty fortunate.  How about covering it with fabric?  You could look for an absolutely dynamite fabric, cover some really inexpensive plywood with batting and Velcro to the walls!  How fun would that be?  Or, totally ignore the paneling, play up with window treatments, making sure you carry the color at least three times through out out the space.  Add fabulous dish towels, placemats or a tablecloth, a lots of beautiful flowers to welcome spring!  Have fun! and Enjoy your new home!

Decorating & Furniture

Kim Boyer

I am a Certified Interior Designer, Redesign and Home Staging Professional as well as a Certified Color expert. Therefore I am can assist with questions regarding space planning and furniture arrangement, color selection, art and accessory placement. I am also able to answer questions regarding the selection and sourcing of furniture and flooring materials as well as custom window treatments.

I started in the industry as a design consultant in the custom window treatment and home furnishings industry. I have gone on to establish my own full service interior decorating business, Kimberly Boyer Interiors, with specialities in redesign, home staging and color consultations. I was also a featured designer on MyHome2.0 a Verizon Fios sponsered Home Technology Makeover Show.

Affiliate Member Interior Design Society The SDP, ODDAA, ABWA, Interior Redesign Directory

Publications website Ask the Interior Designer

Certified Interior Designer Temple University. Certified Redesign and Staging Professional, Society of Decorating Professionals Certified Color Specialist, Society of Decorating Professionals