Decorating & Furniture/paneling

Question

I am moving in to an apartment and I like everything about it except the paneling in the kitchen.  The landlord will not let me paint over it so I am wondering if you have any suggestions on how to spruce it up and make it brighter?  My only ideas are through window treatments.  Any other ideas would be great.

Thank you, Lori

Answer
Hi Lori,
      Unfortunately, there isn't much you can do to paneling when repainting is not an option. Look for large prints in bright colours and paintings with large white mats. Having frames the same or near the same colour as the paneling will help hide them against the wall bringing the mats and pictures forward. Hope this helps, and good luck :)
      Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker