Decorating & Furniture/trim color

Question
In a post of your's I read that trim color throughout the house should be consistent.  When I moved into my home, I assumed the same thing and did white throughout.  Now I realize I should have gone with a softer shade of white, as most of my colors are warm or earthtones.  I'm just now doing my dining room; should I stick with the white for consistency's sake or do what works for the room.  The house is a center hall colonial, and the front hall has yet to be painted.  However, the family room and kitchen (both adjacent to the dining room) and the formal living room (opposite the dining room across the front hall) are done with white trim.

Many thanks for your thoughts!

Answer
Hi Lisa,

You know there's no hard, fast rule about trim color other than consistency from room to room.  Many people opt to change it up, and that's certainly fine if you wish to do so.  Even a slight deviation in color will not upset the flow.  

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik