Decorating & Furniture/white washing furniture

I have an old headboard and dresser that i would like to white wash could please explain to me how to do that!

Here you go Tiffany.  Good luck, and don't skip any steps:

Make sure furniture is free of grease, dirt and dust.  
Sand (with a medium grit sand paper) all exposed areas of the furniture.
Dust with a clean, lint-free cloth.

Paint - your favorite color of white latex (water-based) paint.  Mix 2 parts paint with 1 part water.  Rag or brush on.

Recoat if necessary, wiping paint/water on and off until you get the desired look.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology