Decorating & Furniture/Baby Room

Question
I am helping my sister plan her baby room and the only furniture she has so far is a beautiful cherry wood dresser.  It seems difficult to find a crib, rocker, and a changing table that match the dresser correctly, so what do you think about mixing cherry and white? Would a white crib and changing table work?  Maybe she could find a glider that is cherry?  She also doesn't want the room to be too dark, and all cherry wood may end up being just that.  Suggestions?

Answer
Mixing is the way to go.  If your sister can find a rocker or glider in something close to cherry, the room would be beautiful.  Don't worry about the room being dark.  With cherry and white furniture, your sister will have a beautiful space for baby.  

Paint the walls in a beautiful soft color, i.e., don't leave them white.  If nothing else, opt for a soft butter yellow or a pale sage green.  Either will be beautiful with the cherry and white.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik