Decorating & Furniture/Baby Room

I am helping my sister plan her baby room and the only furniture she has so far is a beautiful cherry wood dresser.  It seems difficult to find a crib, rocker, and a changing table that match the dresser correctly, so what do you think about mixing cherry and white? Would a white crib and changing table work?  Maybe she could find a glider that is cherry?  She also doesn't want the room to be too dark, and all cherry wood may end up being just that.  Suggestions?

Mixing is the way to go.  If your sister can find a rocker or glider in something close to cherry, the room would be beautiful.  Don't worry about the room being dark.  With cherry and white furniture, your sister will have a beautiful space for baby.  

Paint the walls in a beautiful soft color, i.e., don't leave them white.  If nothing else, opt for a soft butter yellow or a pale sage green.  Either will be beautiful with the cherry and white.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology