Decorating & Furniture/Black leather couch

I have a black modern leather loveseat and sofa. I have a cream shaggy carpet. I would like to add some color to the room. It's really bare and plain. WI have a big brown coffee table which I would like to remove. What color pillows or accents to spice up the room. Its a small living room. I'm a simple person.

Hi Jamie

You have a blank canvas here really and can go with more or less any bright color you like.

I would suggest you consider red, orange and bright pink but if you like something a little more subdued, you might like to also consider blue.

A fabric like this would bring together your existing black, brown and cream whilst introducing a lovely bright blue which would bring a fresh, contemporary feel to the room.

You can use the fabric to make a few pillows for the sofa, or perhaps a padded pelmet for the window.

Kind regards,

Decorating & Furniture

Andrea Elliston

I am happy to answer questions regarding decorating, use of colour, soft furnishings ideas etc. I love quick and easy ideas that help people like me - short of time, money and sewing skills! I own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

I have been involved in the decoration and preparation of a number of vacation rental properties where making a property look a million dollars whilst only spending a few pounds is very important.

I have had a number of articles printed and have been prolific on various vacation home owner forums. A lot of my ideas are featured on my website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit

My whole career has been in the travel industry working everywhere from UK travel agencies and London Heathrow Airport to a 5 star European resort - La Manga Club. I have extensive experience with vacation rental property and own and run the website Decorating Vacation Property for Profit