Decorating & Furniture/Color for study

This is a new house.  The hardwood floors will most likely be DARK brown.  For this room, the trim will be stained as well.
As will the bookshelves.  A) should we try to match the trim with the floor? or go a few shades lighter?  and B) Any suggestions for the wall color? (Anything other than green) the room has a north facing dbl. window as well as dbl. french doors leading to the foyer.

In selecting your trim color, keep in mind that in most houses trim colors do not change from room to room, but are the same throughout.  Everything "built-in" should be the same as the trim.

Wall color is a personal choice.  You obviously do not like green, so I'd opt for your own favorite color.  That may be anything from blue to grey, but select a color you will enjoy being "in".  Keep the shade of the color medium (not too dark).  If you're still confused or can't make a decision, be safe and use a great neutral like taupe or camel brown.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology