Decorating & Furniture/Decorating Living Room

I have lavender walls.  My carpet is cream.  I want a contemporary look.  We do not have children, we entertain, but not much.

I want to buy a cream couch and accessorize the room.  My husband thinks it will not be easy to clean the leather couch and that the room might be plain.  What do you think about a black leather couch?  What do you think about a brown leather couch?

What advise would you give furnishing  a living room with lavender walls and cream carpet?

We have to buy the couch today.  I have just spent too much time thinking about this!

I think the cream couch may get lost on the cream carpet. I would lean toward the brown couch, and accessorize with Cream/Brown and Lavendar items.  Pillows on the couch will look stunning in any of the combinations noted or solid too.
Cleaning the cream couch isn't hard to do, as it will wipe up nicely, but my concern is losing the couch in the room with all the cream carpet.
I would recommend adding an occassional chair in cream as that isn't as big as a couch would be, and will definitely add a contemporary feel.
Thanks for writing. Would love to see the finished room if you can send a follow up note.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory