Decorating & Furniture/FR furniture placement

Question
Hi, Our family room is 21.5long and 12'wind at the  center of room where the fireplace is.  Next to the fireplace on each side are notches that are deeper to make those areas 15.5wide.  We just put in a new bay window across from the fireplace.  we had our couch in front of old window with end tables on each side with lamps, a tapestry covered chair on walk in side of room and a matching leather chair and ottoman on the far side of room (the couch is leather).  Now what do we do to show off our new window?  we also have a coffee table, area rug ,  armoire with tv in far corner ( on fireplace wall.  HELP  thanks  jane

Answer
Hello Jane,

Thanks for your question. You've got a focal point battle royal! I've sketched out your room and I think, since you state you don't want to put the sofa in front of the window again, that you might want to consider angling the sofa facing the TV armoire. Without a complete floor plan, it's tough to determine an exact layout.

As you work through this, also consider that you can highlight the window with amazing curtains and window treatments.

Best of luck - feel free to contact me if you'd like to provide some more specific information about the room ( like doorways...)

Good luck!!

Beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES