Decorating & Furniture/Family room redo

Question
After 14 years we've decide to redo our family room.  The room is 17'wide x 24' long.  It has a vaulted ceiling.  There a large floor to ceiling stone fireplace.  

We are considering a dark red leather sofa and matching love seat.  I currently have a swivel recliner that will also be replaced with another swivel recliner, but we haven't be able to decide if it should be the same color as sofa and love seat.  

The colors in the room are dark red and gold'ish for the window treatments, the rug will be replaced, we are seriously considering a gold tone rug with red accents.  

Any suggestions???

Answer
Hi Vernon,
        I would suggest either/or for the rug. A solid gold or red would rest the eye rather than a gold/red. The eye needs resting places where it can relax. Where a multi-colour in these tones would work is if it was a very small pattern, the small scale will make it look like a single colour when viewed from a distance. Hope this helps, and good luck,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker