Decorating & Furniture/Furniture Color

Picture of love seat
Picture of love seat  
About 7 years ago I had custom sofa and loveseat made from Thomasville.  It is a solid color purple with a print (like a damask).  The furniture is beautiful and is a traditional style with rounded arms, loose back cushions with a skirt.  My concern is that the color is "out of style" and do people think that when they see it?  Should I be concerned?  If this is truly a major decorating problem-can you make a suggestion as I do not have the budget to purchase new at this time but I still want and need for it to look elegant.

The only things dating your sofa/love seat are the throw pillows you have on them.  Change thoes out to a pale, pale green without any frills (no embellished edges).  Square pillows in pale green will update the look and give you a whole new color to add to your palette.  

Additionally, add some of that color around the room to tie everything together.  

You'll be the envy of the neighborhood!

PS:  Don't discard the throw pillows.  Recycle them by using them in another room or covering them with new fabric!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology