Decorating & Furniture/Furniture Color

Question
Picture of love seat
Picture of love seat  
About 7 years ago I had custom sofa and loveseat made from Thomasville.  It is a solid color purple with a print (like a damask).  The furniture is beautiful and is a traditional style with rounded arms, loose back cushions with a skirt.  My concern is that the color is "out of style" and do people think that when they see it?  Should I be concerned?  If this is truly a major decorating problem-can you make a suggestion as I do not have the budget to purchase new at this time but I still want and need for it to look elegant.

Answer
Michele,

The only things dating your sofa/love seat are the throw pillows you have on them.  Change thoes out to a pale, pale green without any frills (no embellished edges).  Square pillows in pale green will update the look and give you a whole new color to add to your palette.  

Additionally, add some of that color around the room to tie everything together.  

You'll be the envy of the neighborhood!

Jenny

PS:  Don't discard the throw pillows.  Recycle them by using them in another room or covering them with new fabric!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik