Decorating & Furniture/Help with color

I recently painted my kitchen Benjamin Moore Butterscotch. We went from white walls and white ceramic tile floors to all this color. A big leap for me! I realize now that I went into this whole thing backwards. I need help in picking complimentary colors for accessories (curtains , tablecloths, wall stuff, etc). HELP! I am ready to repaint because I don't know what direction to go in.

Hi Janet,
         I can understand how you would feel overwhelmed with such a strong colour after plain white :)
         What you can do is find accessories in honey beige that will tone in with the butterscotch and lighten the space and also look for blues in the items you choose. Since blue is the opposite of orange it will cool down the space while adding contrast. Hope this helps, and good luck :)

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002