Decorating & Furniture/Help with color

Question
I recently painted my kitchen Benjamin Moore Butterscotch. We went from white walls and white ceramic tile floors to all this color. A big leap for me! I realize now that I went into this whole thing backwards. I need help in picking complimentary colors for accessories (curtains , tablecloths, wall stuff, etc). HELP! I am ready to repaint because I don't know what direction to go in.

Answer
Hi Janet,
         I can understand how you would feel overwhelmed with such a strong colour after plain white :)
         What you can do is find accessories in honey beige that will tone in with the butterscotch and lighten the space and also look for blues in the items you choose. Since blue is the opposite of orange it will cool down the space while adding contrast. Hope this helps, and good luck :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker