Decorating & Furniture/Hutch in the Living room?

Question
Hi, Good day!
I really need help with my hutch, our new house has a small dining room and so i thought of placing the hutch in the living room, in the middle of 2(6ft) windows.  It looks nice since its across the fireplace...but I am just concerned if it is traditionally acceptable? Im worried that people would come in and say, why is she placing the hutch in the living room:))
set up wise, in front of the hutch is the love seat and sofa(L-form) then across the sofa is the entertainment center.  What do you think...Please help me!!!

Answer
Anna -

Thanks for the question! I think the hutch is perfectly acceptable in the Living Room - but, perhaps, instead of populating it with just dishes, try incorporating other items in the display -  like books and photos.

Always trust your design instinct!!

Beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES