Decorating & Furniture/Hutch in the Living room?

Hi, Good day!
I really need help with my hutch, our new house has a small dining room and so i thought of placing the hutch in the living room, in the middle of 2(6ft) windows.  It looks nice since its across the fireplace...but I am just concerned if it is traditionally acceptable? Im worried that people would come in and say, why is she placing the hutch in the living room:))
set up wise, in front of the hutch is the love seat and sofa(L-form) then across the sofa is the entertainment center.  What do you think...Please help me!!!

Anna -

Thanks for the question! I think the hutch is perfectly acceptable in the Living Room - but, perhaps, instead of populating it with just dishes, try incorporating other items in the display -  like books and photos.

Always trust your design instinct!!

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.