Decorating & Furniture/Living Room in newly built home

Hi Sandy,I have built a new home and put maple walnut stained hardwood in the living room.I am going for a contemporary look.I purchased a brown leather sofa and have a brown,burgandy,gold kind of funky accent chair also to go in that room.I have to get a new coffee table and saw a narrow oval one that I like.It comes in a choice of two colors,a black-brown and a golden brown.My question is..with so much dark wood, could I go with the lighter color table?I thought about the dark but maybe that would be too much dark color.
PS..walls will be a mustard yellow color with possible darker brown accent wall where the gas fireplace is.

Hi Dee,
I like the idea of the lighter color golden brown.
I think it will add more interest to the room and pick up some of the neat colors in your accent chair.  It will also compliment the mustard yellow walls.
Thanks for writing.
If you think of it after purchasing the table and painting the room, I'd love to see a picture of the finished project.
Thanks for writing.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory