Decorating & Furniture/Paint & window treatment color

Question
We have just purchased a small house to use as a cottage. We have a Forest Green (with tiny dots of gold) loveseat and a gold recliner that are new and we want to keep them.
The flooring is a medium shade laminate. My question is what color could I have on the walls and what color/style of window (75" wide) treatment. The dining room/kitchen/livingroom will probably have to be the same color.  
Any suggestions for other chairs/decor would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Shirley,
         For colour, you could go with the green and choose from reds to pinks, blues, or other greens. Using the gold as the main colour you could go with yellow oranges or red oranges on the safe side or for a daring look, if the style of your room supports it, you could delve into purples and blue-greens. As to the styles of treatment, this would depend on the budget you have. For such a large area of glass a full drapery treatment could be very expensive. You choose panels or several small venetian blinds or vertical blinds. Hope this helps, and good luck :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker