Decorating & Furniture/Yellow Bedroom

Question
I just rented an apartment and I'm trying t decorate my bedroom. I have white walls, and a yellow and tan thickstriped comforter. Oh and I have white blinds (which can be taken down for curtains or a shade)I also have a dark brown nightstand...and that's it! The room is rather small with a normal beige carpet. I have no idea what colors will work with yellow, or what kind and color of art to put up! Basically I am having no vision right now and need some guidance. Thanks.

Answer
Since you're in an apartment, I'm assuming you cannot paint the walls.  If you could, that would be my first suggestion.

Your best bet is to surround yourself with colors that you love.  You obviously like yellow, and that's a good place to start.  Yellow pairs well with blues, greens and other pastel color shades.  

Add the same yellow (from your comforter) at the window with some draperies that go from the top of the window to the floor.  I'd leave up the blinds since you'll probably want to have some light control.  You may want to add some soft sheers to the window as well.  

Make sure you add some greenery to the space; live plants are great if you take care of them, and silk plants are for those of us who don't have a green thumb.  You may want to add some yellow flowers as well.

The "hip" color combination with yellow is a limey green.

Hope this gives you some ideas.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik