Decorating & Furniture/accent walls and color

Question
We are painting our living room and would like to do accent walls for a punch of color. Our furniture is a bluish gray color and I have tab top curtains which are striped with blue and taupe. We are looking at painting a brown color, it's called peanut butter and doing the accent walls a shade or two darker from the same color swatch. First, do you think the color will be ok and second we aren't sure which walls to do the accent color on or if we should just do one accent wall. Our living room is pretty open with two entrances one from the kitchen and one from the dining area. We have one large wall where the steps are leading to the lower level. Can you help us?

Answer
Hi Jessica,

If I were to select a wall for you to paint a different color, it would be the large wall where the steps lead to the lower level.  This makes sense in that it is "somewhat" separate from the rets of the living room walls.  

I think the color combination will be great.

Jenny

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik