Decorating & Furniture/color

Question
My living room and kitchen are all open together creating one large room. The beams and wood work are dark oak. I love them, but now I want to repaint the walls and need to know what shades would go best. I've done neutrals and now I am really looking for something a bit more bold.

Answer
Hi Sheila,
        Bold is beautiful! There are many ways to go, especially if the room is done in neutrals. You might choose deep red-oranges, crimson, dark blues, bottle green (the old Victorian colour)or even a deep gold to highlight candle flames or warm lighting. There are several colours produced by Glidden/CIL such as drumbeat and Oriental coral but if you don't have access to those any paint company you choose will have a line of bright/bold colours to choose from. Hope this helps and good luck :)
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker