Decorating & Furniture/decorating /painting split foyer entrance

Our home has a split foyer.Hardwood flooring on entry and steps: 7 up to living room and kitchen, 8 down to finished living area. How do we make the huge expanse of wall along the stairs interesting?  It is so dull, painted the same beige as living room walls. I will appreciate any suggestions.  Thank you.  Charlotte

Since you're dealing with a huge expanse, why not select your favorite color (something that will blend with your furniture) and paint those walls a medium to dark shade?  It would make the space much more pleasing and would probably encourage you to get rid of all the beige walls in your home.  

Once you add vibrant, wonderful, rich color to your life, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology