Decorating & Furniture/what furniture to put in room

Question
I have a 300 square foot room. One back wall has a large oak enterainmet center with  flat screen tv, next to it is a bird cage, the back wall has a bird cage in right hand corner. I have nothing else. Oak floors, oak blinds, pineapple citrus colored walls. what type of couch do I use and color, sectional, love seat and sofa, or couch and chair. I guess Iwould say i am more traditonal , not modern. I am open to all suggestions. that back walls are the short walls, the sides ones are the long ones.
Robin

Answer
Hi Robin,
I would tend to lean toward more seating options that not.
Meaning I would do a love seat, then maybe an overstuffed chair and ottoman and then an occasional chair.
You'd have to make sure they would fit ok, but if I'm picturing this correctly, it should be fine.
Then you can add a couple of occassional tables.  They don't have to match by any means.
Regarding color of the furniture...if you can take a sample of the wall color with you shopping, that would be best.  I think moss green would look stunning or perhaps something in a chocolate color.
You can get patterns in two of the pieces, as long as they all compliment each other.
Maybe a solid for the love seat.
Just some ideas.
Don't forget a floor lamp and a couple more table or buffet lamps to add light.
Good luck.
Thanks, Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner