Decorating & Furniture/laundry room

hi jenny!well I would like to decorate my laundry room,It's not big and has one long shelve,so I'm looking for something nice,organized, there any nice wall paper or looks better with paint? also I'd like to get some baskets to put all my cleaning supplies,,,any suggestions!!help..thanks

Thanks for writing!  I don't recommend wallpaper for several reasons, but the main one is that the laundry room is a steamy, hot spot that won't support long life on wallpaper.  I'd suggest that you paint the walls your favorite color - and use a medium shade of that color in paint.  Your appliances are most likely white, so a rich color on the walls will create just the perfect amount of contrast.  Then coordinate the baskets by using either all one color or a combination of 3 - 5 colors (or as many baskets as you have).  For instance, I'm thinking of a medium blue with white shelf, white appliances and either pale blue baskets OR red, green, yellow...

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology