Decorating & Furniture/living room

i have an old farmhouse, my living room used to be a back porch it is very long and narrow 43x11 roughly.  one wall has 6 windows and the other wall is solid.  it seems almost impossible to arrange it where there seems to be space.  if you could help me, i would appreciate it.  if you need a photo let me know.  again thanks for reading.

Christy -

Thanks for your question! That is one huge room you've got there! The key to making it work is thinking of it as two (or three) smaller functional spaces. So, at one end, you could have a TV viewing area - put your TV along one wall and your sofa across from it. Anchor that with an area rug. Another area could be the homework/game area - a good sized round table with some chairs - if you entertain, it could be an intimate dining area. The other space could just be a little seating area.

If you'd like specifics, email me a floor plan.

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.