Decorating & Furniture/living room color

I have a living room with hardwood floors. The area rug is off white with a deep red/maroon border. There are 2 deep purple vines on the rug. I have no clue what color to paint the living room. This room also leads into dining room which leads into kitchen. I don't know how to connect them all while making the living room look great!

Hi Carrie,
         Without knowing the degree of formality of your rooms, I would suggest something in a pale yellow-green such as Glidden/CIL spring blossom 90YY 83/143 or anything on the 4R1 card. You can go darker as well along the card, if you like. Candle Glow, also on the card would be very nice as well Ref# 70YY 73/288. Hope this helps, and good luck,

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker

My areas of expertise are color selection and accessories. But I have a general knowledge of all areas of interior decorating and would be able to answer questions in any area.

I have decorated over ten houses and apartments and have consulted on five outside projects. I have had an interest in decorating since my teens.

I graduated with highest honors (96%) from Thomson Education Direct in 2002