Decorating & Furniture/orange furniture

Question
We have lovely hardwood floors in our tv/living room. We're jsut about to get a suede orange sectional -- but I'm having serious second thoughts. My ideal color scheme would be creams and whites with espresso-colored tables etc, but that's not practical with a child and a dog. Is an orange ectional going to look too "70s" ?

Answer
Cara -

Thanks for your question. I think you should trust your gut - orange is a heck of a commitment for a piece as large as a sofa. Why not go a little more neutral with sofa - get those espresso tables and get a fabulous (washable) winter white throw for the sofa, with some textured cream and (maybe) orange throw pillows.

With three kids of my own, I completely understand how we have to compromise our dreams for practicality, but you should still shoot for things that appeal to you.

You could also get a white or cream slipcovered sofa! Pottery Barn and Room and Board have a number of options!

Good luck!

Beth

Decorating & Furniture

ES