Decorating & Furniture/paint color

hi jenny,
First and foremost i appreciate your time in answering this question. We have a pretty spacious living/dining room (L shape). we just recently painted the dining room a yellow beige color. the dining room set is coming this sat. its a dark cherry wood almost espresso color. the living room has a taupe microsuede couch with drk cherry wood and coffee table with two end tables, facing a fireplace in center with white mantle. both rooms have white crownmolding and trim, were not planning to change that color. We were having a dilemma in what color to paing the living room in order to match both the furniture and dining area. Would you suggest in paint the fireplace wall with an accent color to make it a focal pt. need your help.
Again thank you,

Your fireplace wall is already a focal point just because it houses the fireplace.  You can either paint the living room in a darker shade of the yellow beige (to coordinate with the dining room) or use a taupe.  My favorite is Toasty Grey by Glidden.  If you don't care for taupe, consider a warmer (darker) shade of yellow, i.e., a golden wheat color for the living room.

PS:  Trim and crown molding should be left white!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology