Decorating & Furniture/painting beadboard

We are painting our long, rectangular living room Sherwin Williams blond on top and want bead board on bottom.  I hate to think of white beadboard with 3 busy boys - any other color options for the bottom?  We have a very dark maroon sofas in here too.

If you purchase bead board rather than bead board paneling, you can paint it.  Darkening it from white is a good idea.  Just don't create too much contrast between the "blond" (I'm not familiar with that color) and the painted bead board.  

Maroon sofas would be nice with taupe or camel.

Good luck with your project!

Decorating & Furniture

Jennifer Taylor Wojcik

Visit my web site at: Decor: I've written about it, planned it, designed it and colored it, and I've never stopped loving it. It's not what you spend, or who made it, it's how it makes you feel.

College, advertising, public relations, marketing, free-lance writing and a plethora of creative endeavors have led me here. As an entrepreneur in decorative product design, I learned the hard way how tough it can be to be in business for yourself. A stint at a law firm taught me humility too. Some three thousand questions ago, I wondered if I could really help. Obviously, I'm still here and still taking your questions. God Bless You!

"From Day One" and "Day After Day" available nationwide via bookstores and HTTP:// (HomeStyle articles beginning in 1998) Visit me at

BA, Psychology