Decorating & Furniture/painting front doors

We bought a new front door.  My husband painted the outside bluegreen to match our shutters.  It has oval glass and he left the oval trim white  We need to know if it is OK to paint the inside of the door all white or should it be the same color as the outside?o

Hi Calista -

Thanks for the question - I get asked this question often. There is really no "right" answer. You can certainly paint the inside of the door  
white, or you can paint it a different color to accent the interior color scheme. You don't need to paint it the same color on the inside as the outside - unless you want to!!

Good luck!!

Decorating & Furniture

I am an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist. I can answer questions about furniture selection and placement, color selection and accessory and art placement. I can also answer questions regarding textile selections and window treatments. I specialize in interior redesign - creating fresh interiors out of what you already own.

I been decorating for the past 10 years - for myself, friends and family - and recently established my own firm - Design Intervention - to begin my professional career. To learn more about me, please visit my website at I have been involved in design for a long time - most recently I designed and handcrafted my own line of accessories.

Interior Redesign Industry Specialists (IRIS), Association of Design Education (ADE)

The New Hartford Town Crier (May 2008)

I earned my certification as an Interior Redesign Industry Specialist from the School of Interior Redesign, CT.