Decorating & Furniture/vinyl siding

Question
Hello,

A few years ago, we built a garage and vinyl sided it in gray.  The same color as the paint on our cedar shake dutch colonial style house.  We are now ready to vinyl side the house.  I am wondering if we should side it in the same color as the garage or can we do something different?

Answer
Hi Ann,
       No, you don't necessarily have to use the same colour on the house. Since yours is a colonial style why not choose an historic colour, or as close as you can get in today's modern colours such as a Wedgwood blue? Gray is a neutral, so most any colour will work with it. You could also paint the window trim on the house gray that would tie the house to the garage. Hope this helps, and good luck,
         Norah

Decorating & Furniture

G. Norah Baker