Decorating & Furniture/Adding to an already painted room

Hi.  I am moving in with my boyfriend and we are trying to mix our to styles.  His bedroom has 3 wall painted light brown and one accent wall that is dark brown.  The bed and night stands are dark brown wood.  There is nothing else in it and the room is pretty big.  I just returned from China and have a lot of pieces that are black framed, red mat board, picture.  Would these go with the walls?  Can I decorate with brown, red, and black?

Hi Amanda,
I see that you did not give me a very good rating. Can you tell me what you are looking for? You can send images to and I can give you a better answer. I am sorry I could not help more.

Rachel Mallon, ASID
Interior Designer

Decorating & Furniture

Rachel Mallon Allied Member ASID

I will answer any questions concerning interior design and decorating. I can help with color, furniture placement, material choices, and much more. I am more than happy to help people. Please email me with questions and concerns. Decorating may not be as easy as it looks and with a little help from me you can improve your living space. Check out my decorating blog Room in a Book Blog
If you are looking to redo an entire room in your home and want professional design assistance please visit Room in a Book

Experience: I have a bachelors degree in Interior Design. I have worked for West Elm and Kitchen Kaboodle and I recently worked for an Interior Design firm in Portland, OR. I currently work as an Interior Designer in Maui, Hawaii. Room in a Book