Decorating & Furniture/Blue Carpet

Question
I am moving into a place that has medium blue carpet throughout. Do I coordinate my furniture and accessories with the carpet? I'd rather not but I want it to look good. The dining area and living room share a space. I'd like to know what color sofa end tables dining tables that I should get. Also what color accessories? I've always wanted a chocolate brown and red theme for my living room and now it seems like I can't. I'm renting so I can't change the carpet. Thanks for your help!

Answer
Hi Nekiya,
If you are renting then I would hold off buying anything expensive or permanent until you can move into a place you will own.
You can always buy the sofa you love now, and put a slipcover on it however, I think the chocolate color will work fine.
Regarding the color of the wood for endtables and dining tables, that is wide open.  Pick you favorite and run with it.  The carpet color will have no bearing on the wood tone.
As far as accessories, I guess I would stay neutral, and may stay away from the reds for now.
Maybe shades of blue and brown with some yellow added in for a bright finishing touch.
Good luck.
Sandy

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner