Decorating & Furniture/Choice of Color

My husband and I are are on opposite sides of what to do in our family room.  The walls are a neutral beige.  The patio door and windows have matching curtains in a slate green.  I've used the green around the room.  We have dark tan couch, 2 chairs and a golden brown leather recliner.  He wants to paint the walls in a brighter color.  We've agreed on an accent wall but can't decide which one but as I read more about accent walls, I think our curtained wall is the accent wall.  the brick fireplace, almost the same color as our couch and 2 chairs, are between the curtains.  do we just paint the entire room the slate green color rather than deciding which one wall to color.  we've used jewel tone purple in our bedroom and gold in the front room used as a dining room.  Obviously, we aren't afraid of color (oh by the way, he's an artist).  

so my question, do we just paint the entire room and not worry which wall?  if not, help me decide which wall to paint.  Our first choice is the wall separating the family room and kitchen.  It's the wall you see as you walk into the family room from the hall.

Hi Joyce,
I would paint the entire room rather than looking for the accent wall.
If you start to paint a wall as the accent wall, and you both don't agree which wall is the accent wall, then it's going to bother the other person all the time.
I think by adding color to the entire room, you'll obtain the feel you are looking for with more color throughout.

Decorating & Furniture

Sandy Knutson-Grebner

I am able to answer questions regarding Interior Redesign - specializing in decorating with Flea Market finds, window treatments, paint color, and real estate staging. I am a certified redesigner and stager. Please visit I look forward to assisting you.

I have been in business 3 years as a certified redesigner, with a lifetime of experience.

Oswego Chamber of Commerce Aurora Chamber of Commerce The SDP IRIS

Certified Redesigner and Stager with The SDP Certified Redesigner with IRIS
,Interior Redesign Directory